Eggnog Mug Cake is light and fluffy, microwave friendly, only six ingredients, and comes together in a few minutes! It’s the perfect snack for the holidays!
Eggnog Mug Cake is one of many decent lazy snacks I make. Any mug cake in general really because it takes 90 seconds in the microwave. If you like Eggnog and love quick and easy desserts, then this is the treat for you!
Having a sweet newborn baby doesn’t give me a lot of time (or motivation…) to make delicious treats so I make do with the quick version! Who wants to slave away in the kitchen when you could snuggle a baby?? Not this one. After many experiments, I realized it’s important to mix together wet ingredients first so that there are no flour pockets at the bottom of the mug. ALL mug cakes are best served with whipped cream on top. No exceptions. Don’t worry about the calories, it’s mostly air. I sprinkled cinnamon on top, it was delicious. This mug cake recipe is super simple. Whenever I make mug cakes in the microwave they look like they’re going to drip out when they’re cooking, but they never do. They puff up nicely and then settle a little bit when you pull them out of the heat. I use at least an 8 oz mug, sometimes 12 oz just to make the cake seem smaller so I don’t feel as guilty for eating it. Or to make a bigger one.Sharing is caring! Remember to Pin and Share to your favorite social media sites if you enjoyed the recipe.
More Holiday Recipes to try:
- Cranberry Orange Almond Cake
- Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Double Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodles
Eggnog Mug Cake
- 3 Tablespoons Eggnog
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips
- In an 8 oz. microwave safe mug, combine eggnog and vanilla.
- On top of wet ingredients, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and pinch of salt. Mix until combined and no flour pockets left. Don't over mix.
- Microwave for one minute and thirty seconds. (1.5 min.)
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon and enjoy!