Blueberry Jello Salad - a quick summer side dish with a special whipped topping, perfect for 4th of July, summer potlucks, and family parties. Can be made ahead.
I like to make blueberry jello salad during the summer, with lots of fresh berries on top. I make a special whipped cream and cream cheese topping because it tastes sooo much better than just plain whipped cream 😛.
Every time I make blueberry jello dessert the entire pan disappears. We can't get enough of it, including my Dad. My Dad is an edge trimmer. He trims the edges of whatever is left in the pan and eats the trimmings, crusty bits, or leftover crumbles. Sometimes he'll commit and just get another slice but most of the time he's just full like me and wants "just one more taste". This is one of his favorite desserts to edge trim.
How to make Blueberry Jello Salad:
- Combine both boxes of Jello powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir in one cup boiling water and mix until powder is dissolved, 2-3 mintues.
- Stir in one can of blueberry pie filling (I reserve one spoonful to dab and swirl on top) and one can of crushed pineapple with ¼ cup fluid drained out.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 9X13 serving dish and let set in fridge, at least 4 hours.
- To make whipped topping, cream 8 oz cream cheese at med/high speed until fluffy, ½ minutes. Lower speed of mixer and add 1 pint heavy whipping cream slowly. Speed up mixer to med/high. Add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Spread on top of set Jello with offset spatula.
- Dab 16-20 dots of pie filling in a grid on top of whipped topping and swipe knife through dots to create swirls.
- Top with fresh berries or chopped nuts. Enjoy!
Other blueberry and summer recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Pudding
- No Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Homemade Cherry Pie Filling
- Brazilian Limeade
Blueberry Jello Salad
- 1 (3 oz) box berry blue Jello
- 1 (3 oz) box raspberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (21 oz) can blueberry pie filling (I reserve a spoonful to drip on top and swirl)
- 1 (21 oz) can crushed pineapple, drain ¼ cup liquid out
For whipped topping:
- 8 oz cream cheese, full fat (can use ⅓ fat)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- fresh blueberries or chopped nuts, optional
- Combine both boxes of Jello powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir in one cup boiling water and mix until powder is dissolved.
- Stir in one can of blueberry pie filling and one can of crushed pineapple with ¼ cup fluid drained out. Pour into 9X13 serving dish, cover, and let set in fridge, at least 4 hours. Can be done overnight.
To make whipped topping:
- In mixing bowl whip cream cheese with electric mixer with whisk attachment at med/high speed until fluffy, 2 minutes. Lower speed of mixer and add 1 pint heavy whipping cream slowly, so cream can thin out the cream cheese before if whips. This helps avoid lumps. Scrape sides of bowl as needed. Speed up mixer to med/high. for 2-3 minutes, until thick. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix on low until well combined.
- Spread over set Jello and top with fresh blueberries or chopped nuts of choice. I reserve one spoonful of pie filling to drip and swirl. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Can you add a grahamcracker crust to this?
I haven’t, but you sure could if you want to!
Shawn @ I Wash You Dry
This looks so great Sara! I love the swirls on top. Can't wait to try this!
Thanks Shawn 😘 That means a lot to me!