Hello besties! Welcome to my little corner of the interwebs, and family-friendly food blog, Eat Dessert Snack. Here I share delicious and tasty recipes for busy people and dedicated snack questers.
I'm Sara, a mom of three beauteous children and wife to a Notre Dame PhD graduate. I'm also a registered nurse (RN BSN), which has influenced my cooking in ways you might not expect. We eat healthy foods, but also enjoy butter and being happy. Sometimes we eat dessert first!
Our Family Recipes
My favorite recipes are practical, and of course delicious.
I don't share recipes that I wouldn't eat.
I tend to adapt most recipes to fit my own tastes, and I love to explore new techniques. I find enjoyment in more difficult recipes just as much as the easier ones. There’s nothing like conquering that recipe that never quite turns out right!
While I try to stay health-conscious and have mostly balanced meals, the stress of working in healthcare (Hey night shifters! I see you!) also brought out lots of cravings for cheesy, buttery, sweet, sinfully delicious food. To me, life is about balance! We eat healthy foods that we love and also enjoy dessert.
What We're All About
With my baking experience and kitchen knowledge, I've made it a goal to make life in the kitchen easier and more delicious for busy people and families!
One of my go-to easy dinners is French Onion Sliders. It also makes a great football potluck dish to share!
These Chocolate Dulce de Leche filled Cupcakes are a family favorite, and have won many accolades at bake sales and bake offs!
How We Began
What started as a food board on Pinterest with a few thousand followers became an online recipe box/food website to spread my love for food with others, one bite at a time.
I worked at a bakery during college, gained a lot of love for baking, and since 2015 have developed award winning recipes like Pesto Bacon Guacamole for I Wash You Dry, another family-friendly website.
I began my website in 2016 with a Canon PowerShot camera, and quickly moved on to a beginner-level Canon DSLR EOS Rebel T6. I use mostly an f1.8 50 mm prime lens.
I'm inspired by famous chefs and amazing home cooks like my angel mother.
If you've read this far, we were meant to be virtual besties. Here are a few special things about me!
- I grew up in the southern Utah desert 🌵 and just moved from South Bend Indiana ☘️to sunny New Mexico 🌶.
- I met my husband Kyson in college and haven't looked back. He's a work hard, play hard, pray hard guy who's the BEST daddy to our babies. Here are the chocolate chip cookies that ruined his life, they're his favorite.
- My favorite book(s) are Lord of The Rings. I have a lovely illustrated set that I can't wait to read to my babies when they're old enough! We're working through the illustrated Harry Potter books with them and having so much fun.
- I obviously love to cook! I cooked for our family many times with my mom growing up, and have cooked for my family for years.
- I'm the youngest of 8 children and I have a twin! Highly recommend everyone getting a twin. They're a good time. We make and eat a LOT of food together.
- As a registered nurse, I have worked the night shift in acute care (Med/Surg) and also in plasma for a few years. I've definitely taken my passion for my work and put it to good use in the kitchen making filling, delicious, sometimes very quick meals.
Can We Work Together?
To contact me for collaboration opportunities, be sure to visit my Contact page and fill out the form or email questions.
I LOVE to see the food you make. If you make one of my recipes, be sure to tag me in your Instagram feed or stories with @eatdessertsnack. You can also follow along on Facebook or Pinterest if you love to look at beautiful things