Cherry Cheesecake Cookies are Crumbl Copycat New York Cheesecake Cookies with creamy frosting, buttery streusel, and juicy cherry topping!
I'm a HUGE fan of Crumbl Cookie recipes. We don't live near any of their bakeries, so I create delicious recipes like Strawberry Pop Tart Cookies and German Chocolate Cookies to tide me over until we can visit one! This version has a graham cracker base, a cheesecake frosting, and a graham cracker streusel with tart cherry topping to help balance out the sweet.
These are the basics you'll need for the graham cracker cookie base and the cheesecake frosting. Make sure you go to the recipe card below for measurements!
- Butter - salted.
- Brown Sugar - dark brown makes a rich flavored cookie, light brown works as well.
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Graham Crackers
- All Purpose Flour
- Cream Cheese - room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar
- Cornstarch - to stabilize the cheesecake frosting.
- Cherry Pie Filling - because we can.
Start by creaming the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
Add in the graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking soda, and flour and mix until a dough forms.
PRO TIP: Use a blender to quickly make the graham crackers into crumbs! Blend for less time for a coarser crumb texture, or longer for finer crumbs.
Scoop dough in ⅓ cup scoops to make 12 cookies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake 6-8 cookies on one baking sheet to ensure even baking.
Prepare frosting by beating cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth, then adding powdered sugar and cornstarch. Add in vanilla.
PRO TIP: Use room temperature frosting to make it smoother with no lumps! Then chill after mixing for a more set frosting when piping onto the cookies.
Prepare streusel by combining melted butter, salt, and graham cracker crumbs.
Assemble by piping frosting onto cooled cookies, then sprinkling streusel on top generously, then spoon cherry pie filling on top of frosted and streuseled cookies.
- Try using different kinds of pie filling for a cookie topping! Our favorites are strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, apple, and peach.
- You can use different flavorings for the cheesecake frosting besides vanilla. Almond extract and cherry pie filling go well together, as do maple extract and apple pie filling. Just make sure the flavors complement each other!
- Use vanilla bean paste or vanilla bean caviar in the frosting to make the most amazing vanilla flavor!
Serving and Storage
Cheesecake cookies can be served immediately after assembling.
Do you need to refrigerate cherry cheesecake cookies?
Yes, these cookies should be refrigerated within 2-3 hours after making if not consumed due to the the cream cheese frosting.
To make ahead: Store baked cookies at room temperature unfrosted in an airtight container and refrigerate the frosting until ready to assemble.
Cherry Cheesecake Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1½ cups brown sugar light or dark
- 1 egg large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 12 crackers
- 2 cups all purpose flour
For the Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Streusel
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs about 4 crackers
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter melted
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
For the Cookies:
- With an electric mixer using a paddle attachment, combine the butter and brown sugar and beat on high speed until mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until fluffy and mixed well.
- Add salt, baking soda, and graham cracker crumbs and mix until just combined. Add flour one cup at a time and mix on low speed about 1 minute until flour is completely mixed in.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 2 cookie or baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using ⅓ cup scoop, measure out 12 balls of dough, and optionally roll in graham cracker crumbs, then place evenly on baking sheets. Bake for 10-11 minutes when cookies begin to crack. Cool completely.
For the Frosting:
- With an electric mixer mix cream cheese and butter together on medium/high speed until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time mixing on low speed until powdered sugar is completely mixed in between additions. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag and using a large round tip, frost each cookie in a spiral pattern.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, then sprinkle onto frosted cookies generously. Spoon cherry pie filling over cookies 3-5 cherries or as preferred. Serve within 2 hours of making or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
p style="text-align: center;">PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: