One Bowl Sweet Corn Bread with greek yogurt is the perfect side dish for soup, stew, and chili. This corn bread recipe doesn’t fall apart and crumble and is nice and fluffy.
It may not look like it but that is a big honkin slice of corn bread. You bet I cut it right out of the middle for this picture. I'm getting better with my camera! Sometimes it's luck, sometimes it's not, but either way I'm happy with the results. Anyways. Corn bread.
I can't count the number of times I've had corn bread that's too dry, or crumbles as I slice it to put butter on it. It might be worth the calories but it's basically eating forkfuls of crumbs. Well no more. 🙅🏽♀️I make my sweet corn bread with greek yogurt and it makes it nice and moiiiisssst (there's no better word I'm not sorry). I like adding greek yogurt to cornbread for extra protein and less fat, but sour cream could be easily substituted and would taste just as delicious. It goes great with some of my Creamy White Chicken Chili.
How to make the best sweet corn bread:
- add greek yogurt or sour cream
- Don't overmix!! It results in tough, rubbery cornbread. Mix the batter until just combined.
- Don't put corn in it. Then it's pretty much corn pudding, which I love. BUT. I like corn bread in its purest form, without corn.
I'm still working on my photography skills; luckily corn bread is a pretty forgiving subject, and doesn't move or wilt or melt quickly. I don't have photoshop or lightroom, so for I'm editing with my macbooks basic photo editor. 😬I'm still learning about lighting, angles and focus, but practice helps. At the root of it all is my love for everything food.
📝 Printable Recipe
Sweet Corn Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1-½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray 9X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, greek yogurt, eggs, and melted butter. Mix well.
- On top of the liquid ingredients add corn meal, flour, salt, sugar, (cinnamon optional) and baking powder last. Mix until combined and no flour pockets are left, but don’t overmix.
- Pour into 9X9 in. baking dish and bake at 400 F. for 20-25 min, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.