I have a BBQ chicken sheet pan pizza recipe, and it's so easy! This pizza has ranch sauce, bacon, chicken, and bbq sauce on top.
The tangy BBQ sauce and bacon bits on top set this pizza apart from the crowd. This sheet pan pizza recipe is a family favorite, and hits all the right dreamy pizza points.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
My friends! Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Pizza is the best game day pizza and crowd feeder. It is SO EASY to double this recipe to make multiple pizzas or regular cheese and pepperoni. I created this pizza dough recipe specifically to fit into an 13x18" baking sheet, so there's plenty to share. This pizza has a crispy but chewy crust, and it's sturdy enough to hold up under A LOT of toppings. Don't hold back.
What's on a chicken bacon ranch pizza?
- A light ranch dressing for the sauce -you can also use regular ranch mixed with milk.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sliced yellow onion
- Shredded chicken - canned, rotisserie, or prepared ahead.
- Crumbled bacon
- Barbecue sauce - I use Sweet Baby Ray's Original.
How do you make chicken bacon ranch pizza from scratch?
Here are the key steps for sheet pan pizza:
- Start by preparing the dough. First combine the warm water(100ºF), sugar, and yeast. After letting the yeast mixture sit for 5 minutes to proof, mix in the flour, oil and salt.
- You can mix the dough using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment or kneading by hand for 5-7 minutes. Flex those kneading muscles!
- Then cover the dough with plastic wrap (prevents a dry skin from forming) and let it rise.
- While the dough rises, slice the onions, cook and chop the bacon, and prepare a 13x18" baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray and sprinkling it with corn meal. When the dough is finished rising, roll it straight into the pan to make it easy.
- Then comes the sauce! The ranch. Light ranch dressing is my preferred sauce, you could lighten it up even more with a few tablespoons of milk.
- The mozzarella cheese, onions, and shredded chicken go onto the pizza, and then it goes into the oven to bake at 450ºF for about 20 minutes.
- After it's done baking, the barbecue sauce goes on followed by the crumbled bacon.
What temperature do you bake a sheet pan pizza?
Sheet pan pizza is baked at 450º F. Pizzas in general are baked at a high temperature to make the beautiful crispy crust and to ensure that the toppings are cooked properly. On this pizza I use pre-cooked chicken so the only raw ingredient cooking is the onions.
Serving Sheet Pan Pizza:
Cool the pizza for 5-10 minutes in the baking sheet. During this wait time I'm putting on the barbecue sauce and sprinkling the bacon, so it works out perfect. Then use a pizza cutter or knife to cut into squares. It can be served straight from the pan, we slice it and let everyone serve themselves. It makes about 15 slices, 5 rows of 3 slices.
More Dinners with Chicken
Need more quick and easy chicken dinner recipes? I got you!
📝 Printable Recipe
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
For the Dough:
- 1 ½ cups warm water (90-110ºF)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup cornmeal
For the Toppings
- 1 cup light ranch dressing
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 5 oz. canned or shredded chicken
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce, such as Sweet Baby Ray's
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
For the dough:
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir until just combined and let rest 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add flour, olive oil, and salt and mix with dough hood or knead by hand for 5-7 minutes, dough will be sticky. Transfer to oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise 1 hour at room temperature. Prepare bacon and slice the onions while dough is rising.
Assembling the Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Prepare a 18x13 inch baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray (oil) and then sprinkling with cornmeal.
- Roll the dough into the prepared baking sheet with a rolling pin, sprinkle flour onto dough if needed to prevent it sticking to the rolling pin.
- Spread the ranch dressing evenly over the dough, then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, onions, and chicken on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, crust should be golden brown on top. Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top of the pizza, then spread the crumbled bacon on top. Slice into squares and serve.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: