Raspberries and Cream Bars have a sweet chewy crust, creamy cheesecake filling, and are topped with a sweet cream glaze! Perfect potluck and party recipe.
Raspberries and Cream Bars are a result of a magical weekend. This last week a few members of my family went to a berry farm and picked fresh raspberries. We were allowed to fill a basket as full as we could. I probably ate almost as much as I picked.
I originally made this recipe for I Wash You Dry with peaches and they are AMAZING. It only made sense to make them with fresh raspberries!
This recipe feeds a crowd and is perfect for parties. I once forgot to put the sweet creamy drizzle over the top of my peach version, and they just weren’t as good. Don’t forget to put the drizzle on top!
Raspberries and Cream Bars
For the Crust:
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups mashed raspberries, or 21 oz. can pie filling
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp milk or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
- For crust, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the creamed butter mixture until combined. Save heaping cup of dough to top bars with. Spread the crust dough in prepared cookie sheet in an even layer (except the reserved dough for the top).
- For cream filling, beat cream cheese, egg, ½ cup sugar, and vanilla together until smooth and creamy. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over crust dough.
- Spoon mashed raspberries on top of cream cheese filling. Drop remaining crust dough in small pieces over top of bars.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. The middle may be slightly jiggly, it’s okay. Let cool completely. For glaze, combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk. Drizzle over cooled bars. Slice and serve.
Don’t forget to Pin to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin