One Pan Chicken and Veggies is a healthy family dinner with a balsamic glaze and a delicious garlic and balsamic chicken marinade.
When I was first married, I used to love planning out a dinner menu for the week and showing off my limited cooking skills to my new husband. Sheet pan dinners like balsamic chicken and veggies are THE BEST for newlyweds, beginners, college students, and me. Fast forward 4 years and planning out menus and meals just aren’t as exciting as it used to be. I’m into easy one pan recipes like my italian chicken, zucchini and mushroom skillet. I’m starting a list of our favorites and just picking a few to make that week. In my top 10, sheet pan dinners like this one.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Prep the marinade for the chicken, and let the chicken rest in it for 10-20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Pick and prepare 3-5 veggies. I used broccoli, red potatoes, onions, carrots, and zucchini, but the options are endless.
- Line the pan for easy cleanup and oil up and season those veggies! This will prevent drying out while baking.
- Remove chicken from marinade, place on pan with veggies and bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
For the chicken marinade I used balsamic vinegar, brown sugar (honey works too), salt, pepper, garlic powder, water, and onion powder. You can also make your own balsamic glaze by reducing balsamic vinegar on your stovetop, but I usually buy mine and use it on everyyyyythiiiiing. Salads, veggies, steak, on and on.
I tried to do a herringbone pattern for the veggies, and it kinda didn’t really work. Food styling is harder than it looks. My poor husband had to wait an extra hour for his dinner so I could prep, take before pictures, and bake and take after pictures.
One Pan Chicken and Veggies
For the chicken marinade:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb raw chicken, sliced into strips
For the Sheet Pan:
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots or sliced carrots
- 1 potato, sliced into discs
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, dried basil, to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons balsamic glaze (I use Star brand)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ingredients for the chicken marinade. Add sliced raw chicken, coat it with marinade and let sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with tin foil for easy cleanup. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash and prep the vegetables by slicing them into strips and the broccoli into small 1-2 inch sized pieces. Arrange vegetables on baking sheet, saving room for chicken.
- Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on sheet pan alongside the vegetables. Brush vegetables with olive oil to coat. This prevents drying out in the oven. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and dried basil on vegetables and chicken.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Drizzle Balsamic glaze on chicken and vegetables of choice. Enjoy!