One Pan Chicken and Veggies is a healthy sheet pan dinner with a balsamic glaze and a delicious garlic and balsamic chicken marinade.
Sheet pan dinners like balsamic chicken and veggies are THE BEST for newlyweds, beginners, college students, and me. I’m into easy one pan dinners like my italian chicken, zucchini and mushroom skillet.
One Pan Chicken and Veggies
This is an easy dinner recipe that is packed full of protein, complex carbs, and most importantly, FLAVOR. The balsamic glaze over the top is what makes this dinner amazing! I’m obsessed and use it on everything. It is so easy to customize this sheet pan dinner with whatever veggies are in season.
Ingredients needed for one pan chicken and veggies:
Here are the basics for this easy sheet pan dinner. The marinade recipe for the chicken can be found in the printable recipe down below, as always.
- Chicken – marinated in a balsamic/garlic marinade
- Broccoli – can be fresh or frozen
- Carrots – fresh or frozen
- Zucchini – definitely fresh! Frozen ones tend to have a rubbery texture.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Prep the marinade for the chicken, and let the chicken rest in it for 10-20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Pick and prepare 3-5 veggies. I used broccoli, red potatoes, onions, carrots, and zucchini, but the options are endless.
- Line the pan for easy cleanup and oil up and season those veggies! This will prevent drying out while baking.
- Remove chicken from marinade, place on pan with veggies and bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
For the chicken marinade I used balsamic vinegar, brown sugar (honey works well also), salt, pepper, garlic powder, water, and onion powder. You can also make your own balsamic glaze by reducing balsamic vinegar on your stovetop, but I buy it and use it on everyyyyythiiiiing. Salads, veggies, steak, on and on.
Other Easy One Pan Meals:
Here are a few of our favorite sheet pan and one pot meals!
This sheet pan dinner is SO EASY, you’ll make it again and again!
One Pan Chicken and Veggies
For the chicken marinade:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb raw chicken, sliced into strips
For the Sheet Pan:
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots or sliced carrots
- 1 potato, sliced into discs
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, dried basil, to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons balsamic glaze (I use Star brand)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ingredients for the chicken marinade. Add sliced raw chicken, coat it with marinade, cover and refrigerate 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with tin foil for easy cleanup. Spray with cooking spray.
- Wash and prep the vegetables by slicing them into strips and the broccoli into small 1-2 inch sized pieces. Arrange vegetables on baking sheet, saving room for chicken.
- Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on sheet pan alongside the vegetables. Brush vegetables with olive oil to coat. This prevents drying out in the oven. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and dried basil on vegetables and chicken.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 and vegetables are tender. Drizzle Balsamic glaze on chicken and vegetables of choice. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
p style=”text-align: center;”>