Creamy Cilantro Lime Tomatillo Ranch with Yogurt is a copycat Cafe Rio salad dressing recipe. It’s healthy(er) and you can make it spicy!
Creamy Cilantro Lime Tomatillo Ranch with Yogurt is my go-to-never-ever-fails-me recipe for salad dressing. We usually use it for our favorite sweet pork salads, which I’ll probably post a recipe of down the road because it’s BOMB. My husband the mancub is okay with raw vegetables only if he can eat them with dressing.
This recipe for dressing is pretty forgiving. I usually end up adding bits of everything as I go because I like to get the taste just right. My opinion is that using fresh ingredients make it taste AHmazing, but if I make it with dried spices and black pepper the mancub can’t tell the difference. Which is why I make it with greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
The mancub is the type of person you ask “Would you like some salad with your ranch?”, because he eats a LOT OF IT. Making it with greek yogurt and avocados instead of sour cream and mayonnaise is a necessity for us; because if he keeps eating Ranch dressing at this rate his health will be compromised. Like heart disease compromised.
So it’s really up to you.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Tomatillo Ranch with Yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise or 1 avocado
- 1 diced tomatillo (about a half cup)
- zest and juice of one lime (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tablespoon dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. May store in refrigerator. It can separate after a day or two, just mix together before serving. Flavors tend to get more intense after sitting overnight.