Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats are chewy, crunchy, and filled with cookie butter and biscoff cookie bits.
Marshmallow treats and anything cookie butter are at the TOP of my must have list for the holidays. Quick, easy, and SO GOOD, along with Biscoff Filled Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Did I mention I love cookie buttter??
Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats
This is the best rice krispie treats recipe with a few extra ingredients to make them chewy and unforgettable. If you like cookie butter (I'm obsessed), you're going to make these again and again. Chewy rice krispie treats are so quick and easy to make, they're fantastic for parties, they disappear quickly and kids love 'em!
Rice Krispies Ingredients
Cookie butter rice krispie treats include:
- Butter, salted. Always.
- Marshmallows (reserve 1 cup to stir in at the end!!)
- Vanilla extract - this lifts these krispie treats to the next level!
- Biscoff cookie butter
- Biscoff cookies, for a little extra crunch and flavor.
- Puffed rice cereal (of course)
How to make rice krispie treats:
Start by lining a 9"x9" pan with tin foil and spraying with baking spray.
Next, melt the butter over low/medium heat. Then add the marshmallows and stir constantly until juuust melted. Low and slow is best, cooking the marshmallows at too high a heat for too long will result in hard krispie treats.
Remove from heat immediately and stir in the vanilla.
Add in the puffed rice cereal, biscoff cookie crumbles, and cup of reserved marshmallows. Saving a few marshmallows for the end makes for little gooey marshmallow pockets in the rice krispie treats and it's amazing.
Mix until well combined, and add the cookie butter last. Mix it in gently so that there are pockets of it throughout the rice krispie mixture.
Lastly, press the mixture into the prepared 9"x9" pan. Sprinkle with a few extra biscoff cookie crumbles and let cool before slicing and serving.
And there you go! SO EASY.
How to freeze rice krispie treats:
Once the rice krispies are completely cool, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then place in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months. When you're ready to eat them, make sure to thaw them at room temperature for 3-4 hours, don't put them in the oven or microwave or they will melt.
More make and share recipes:
- Strawberries and Cream Bars
- Biscoff Filled Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Gooey Chex Mix
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter
- 10 oz. miniature marshmallows (reserve 1 cup to stir in at the end)
- 1 teaspoon vanillla extract
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 6 Biscoff cookies crumbled into small pieces
- ½ cup Biscoff cookie butter
- Line a 9"x9" inch baking pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt butter in large pot over low/medium heat, until smooth and just melted.
- Stir in marshmallows (reserve one cup to mix in at the end), stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat immediately and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the puffed rice cereal, biscoff cookies, and 1 cup reserved marshmallows. Last add the ½ cup of cookie butter and stir in gently so that there are pockets of it throughout the mixture.
- Press into 9"x9" inch pan gently with a greased rubber spatula. Sprinkle the top with extra cookie crumbs and let cool. Remove from pan, slice, and serve.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: