Cheesecake Brownies - easy, no-fail brownies filled with a creamy cheesecake filling. Yum!
My new blogging journey has led me to look back on all of my favorite foods, tried and true. This recipe for Cheesecake Brownies has always been a favorite. It's been through many girls nights, potlucks, and family gatherings. The only problem is there's never any leftovers for me! The Mancub can eat about a half pan in one sitting so I usually have to hide a few if I want any for later.
I like to bake the brownie crust first, and then spread on the cheesecake filling.
Then I place bits of brownie dough on top of the cheesecake filling and bake it. Ta-da!
Luckily cheesecake brownies aren't difficult, so I can whip up a pan anytime I want. This recipe is the kind that you have to make for an event, or you'll end up eating the whole pan yourself..I'm not admitting anything.
- 1 cup of butter two sticks, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all -purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For cream cheese filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 X 13 inch pan.
- For crust: in a stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add 2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed butter mixture slowly until combined. Save one cup of dough for top of bars. Spread remaining dough into the bottom of the 9 x 13 pan in an even layer. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and let cool.
- For cream cheese filling: Mix together cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and powdered sugar with a stand mixer or by hand until smooth and creamy. Spread on top of cooled crust.
- Drop small pieces of saved crust dough on top of cream cheese filling.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes, or until filling is set. Let cool completely before slicing. Or if you like them slightly gooey, serve while slightly warm.